Saturday 19 June 2010

To never walk alone.

Last weekend I was volunteering at a festival called Punk Illegal in Munkedal, Sweden. A branch of an organisation called "No one is Illegal" which is helping Illegal immigrants(or hidden refugees that has been denied permanent residence and simply can't go back to their home countries due to war or political instabilities) in Sweden. There are approx. 10-35000 illegal immigrants in Sweden and about 8 million in Europe. The festival was great and there were about 900 visitors so I'm quite sure they made a lot of money.

But this is not what i'm gonna write about today, gonna write about friendship.

When I came to that festival I hadn't seen some of my friends since march, that's three months. But it was amazing. Some friends I hadn't seen since christmas, or worse, for over a year. This is friends that I've been going through hell with, and back with a few of them.  And when I met them it was as if we'd never been separated. That's when it hit me, what real friendship is. I realised that no matter how far I'll travel, no matter for how long I will be gone, I will never walk alone.

Real friendship is that no matter how far away you are from each other, a true friend is always there, to offer a shoulder when a shoulder is needed. No matter how long it takes until you see each other again, a true friend is always welcoming. Real friendship never ends. Real friendship has no borders.
It can go months, even years, but it never goes away.
True friendship is supportive. Honest. Forgiving. Understanding. Critical. Constructive. Loyal. Respectful. Accepting. True friendship is extremely rare.
True friendship is a poke in the darkness, pulling you up when all hope seems lost. True friendship is a pat on the back, a shuffling of hair, a laughter in the distance and a smile when a smile is needed.
True friendship is not bound by alcohol. true friendship is not bound by drugs. True friendship is not bound by rules or laws. True friendship is bound by experience. By hopes and dreams.

By life.

With this I would like to give a humongous "thank you" to all my friends out there, old, new, dead, live, internet friends and future ones. Thank you all for existing(or have existed), thank you all for making life worth living, thank you all for making it all easier, thank you all for being the persons you are, thank you all for giving inspiration, hope and strength. Thank you all for putting up with my ramblings and jibberings about life and the world in general. Thank you all for making wherever you are feel like home.
I consider myself to be lucky.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment